Mental Health Action Team
Time of Meeting : 9:00am-10:30am
Location of Meeting: Transitional Living Services BH
Present: Gabriela Dieguez(SSCHC) Leslie Davis (Walker’sPoint), Luke Waldo (Childrens Hospital), Sylvia Cortez (MCMH), Melissa Waldo (SSCHC), Ursula Flores, (TLS) Lauren Mascari, (TLS) & Martina Gollin-Graves (MHAW).
Approval of previous meeting minutes (Motion by Lauren)
- Lauren volunteered to take Minutes at next meeting August 16, 2012.
- Big Thank you to Ursula for the unexpected treats and coffee!
- Thank you to Ursula and Melissa for their willingness to step in as co-leader. Thank you to Gabriela for accepting the co-leader position.
- Leslie has agreed to complete a narrative of Jeanette’s role with NAMI in hopes that this can be utilized for future collaborations.
- General Coalition Meeting held on 6/28/12: Tony Baez shared his vision for Latino representation. Audience members participated in subgroups with specific topics geared at expanding Latino involvement. All who were present will receive information presented via email so that an Action Plan can be initiated.
- On August 23rd , a Community Health Center will be opening in Waukesha Co. There is current recruitment efforts for a PT bilingual MSW therapist.
- Ursula offered her assistance to those who may need help in getting a client housing in the community.
- WarmLine: next training session is Oct. 2012. Further information to follow.
D. 2012 Goals:
- $500. dollars available to promote the Spanish WARMLINE. Promotions efforts will be made by Ursula who will follow up with her contact at El Conquistador . In addition, Gabriela will look into La Grande Radio station. Lauren volunteered to contact 91.7 Radio station as a potential lead for promotion. Ursula provided the team with a large 11X14 poster of the WarmLine flyer.
- Speaker’s Bureau bio: soon to be launched
- Bienestarmilwaukee.com: tabled until next meeting.
Next MHAT Meeting: Thursday, August 16, 2012 from 9:00am-10:30am at Disability Rights Wisconsin
Minutes completed and submitted by Sylvia Cortez
The mission of the Milwaukee Latino Health Coalition is to improve the health and well-being of Latino communities by organizing power for social change.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function dbem_is_events_page() in /home/mlhc/public_html/wp-content/themes/mlhc/page.php on line 8